Friday, December 17, 2010

Pai Tee vs Taco

 

The first time I bit into a pai tee, I thought taco! Same idea after all ~ crunchy shell with filling.

Pai Tees are much smaller though. And while the taco is a meal, the pai tee is an appetizer. Fillings are usually thinly sliced vegetable either raw or lightly fried. Well I haven't yet come across other kinds - perhaps if I went on a Pai Tee odyssey I might!

The best pai tee I had were ones in Penang and the place that served them was so quaint. A little house on a slope with cute furniture. Eating was alfresco in a patio in front of the house. There's even a swing under a tree on one side of the patio. I wanted to sit there, but one couple was already and (selfishly) remained there the entire time I was at the place!

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I remember having them. Any chance this place was the Garden Restaurant near Tanjong Bungah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment :)

    I know that restaurant near Tanjung Bungah, but it's not the one.

    The one I had this lovely Pai Tee is run by a couple. It's on the number 6 somewhere near the where the Durian Orchards are. I don't remember the name of the place though. Sorry. They serve amazing Laksa Penang and dodol too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback! Especially from you! Thank you in advance!